Inheritance

May be temporary, but a forum for information on Graflex and Graphic serial numbers and dates.
Date your Graphic and be happy ;-)

BobAMac

Inheritance

Post by BobAMac »

I have recently inherited a Graflex with serial number B2191Z. What can you tell me about this camera? Thanks for the help

Bob McNamara
RichSBV
Site Admin
My favorite camera: Century Universal

Re: Inheritance

Post by RichSBV »

Hate to say it, but unless you've got some really weird piece of equipment there, B2191Z is not it's serial number...

But, it would be very close to 821912.

Unfortunately, there's no info at all in "the book" about serial numbers 820000-845217

All I can tell you from "the book" is that it could be a 4x5 Speed and from a batch dated possibly 1/21 of 1948 or maybe 1949. There's just no more info there and what is there is almost impossibly to read.

Sorry.

But if you ask (and with a pic or two) on graflex.org, someone there could probably come up with a closer date and ID.
BobAMac

Post by BobAMac »

Thanks for the help...maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Where do I find the serial number?
BobAMac

Post by BobAMac »

I found a number 37377 stamped on the inside of the camera body. Could that mean something?
RichSBV
Site Admin
My favorite camera: Century Universal

Post by RichSBV »

BobAMac wrote:I found a number 37377 stamped on the inside of the camera body. Could that mean something?
Yes, it would mean you have a camera that pre-dates Graflex :)

Where the serial number is depends on what type of camera it is. Generally, they are on the inside of the box, usually somewhere at the top. I would really suggest you check graflex.org to find what specific camera this is. Then you can find the correct serial number and get all the info for it. A pic would help also in case it's a really old model or something odd.