Some changes as of today (09/17/05)

This forum is for suggestions about the Graflexchange, any problems you may have or addition help you might need...
RichSBV
Site Admin
My favorite camera: Century Universal

Some changes as of today (09/17/05)

Post by RichSBV »

I've spent a few hours making some changes to the forums. Nothing much as far as using it, but some new things for new users...

First off, new users must now go through an e-mail verification to register. I hope this works...

Non members can no longer see the member list. This should make some people feel better :)

I've also changed the member list so that direct e-mail addresses are no longer visible. Believe it or not, I didn't realize they showed up like that! You can still send an e-mail to another user, but it is now handled by the forum software itself. No e-mail addresses are shown...

And I've updated the forum software to the latest verion, which prompted all this work...

Due to the update, the 'graphite' style is no longer the default style as it is not 100% compatible with the new version of the software. All new users will be defaulted to the new 'aluminoid' style. It looks similar and was the best one I could find.

If you're now using the 'graphite' style, I would suggest that you switch to the 'aluminoid' style as soon as possible for two reasons. One, to better guarantee the functionality of the forum. And because I will soon delete the 'graphite' style altogether...

Some other new modifications might show up soon, visible or not. If anyone has any problems with the forum, please let me know. I'm doing everything I can to keep the forum up to date, safe & secure, and working for everyone...

Thanks...
Rich...