graflexchange.com?

This forum is for suggestions about the Graflexchange, any problems you may have or addition help you might need...
MikeS

graflexchange.com?

Post by MikeS »

Rich:

have you thought about registering the above name for the exchange? It might not make sense to start off, but it might, as if it does take off, the name would already be in place. As a matter of fact, I believe there are a couple of registrars that are currently giving away 1 year .info domain names, although I don't know who it is at the moment.

-Mike
RichSBV
Site Admin
My favorite camera: Century Universal

Re: graflexchange.com?

Post by RichSBV »

Yeah, I've thought of it but haven't gone beyond that...

I hate to admit that this was all a "spur of the moment" decision and probably not enough thought went into it (like why am I doing it in the first place? )...

So, as of yesterday, I have thought of registering the name and hosting a site dedicated to this forum. I've also talked to Dave about hosting a site which would be quite a bit more capable.... Haven't done anything yet...

And, now that you've mentioned it, the "Graflexchange" was one of the things I was going to bring up. Was the first name I thought of, and nothing came after :lol: So I was thinking of asking users for something better? On the other hand, "Graflexchange" has kinda grown on me, so I'm not sure...

I'll probably give things a week or two to see how they go. Then decide from there if it's worth any kind of investment. Another site would not only cost money but take more of my time to handle. And if someone steals the name and registers it out from under me, well... Oh-well... I'll tackle that when/if I come to it ;-)
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Rich:

If you use dotster to register the domain, for an extra $5.00 you can get masked redirection added to the domain so you wouldn't need to setup a whole new site. Depending on what operating system & webserver software you're using there are other options to keep setting up a seperate website easily doable and cheap. Email me, and we can discuss this further, as it's a bit off topic for the board, and I didn't see a method of sending a private message.

-Mike