A sepArate "Wanted" forum?

This forum is for suggestions about the Graflexchange, any problems you may have or addition help you might need...
RichSBV
Site Admin
My favorite camera: Century Universal

A sepArate "Wanted" forum?

Post by RichSBV »

Does anyone think it better to have a sepArate "Wanted" forum? That way all sales would be in one forum and anything "Wanted", or being looked for would be in it's own forum...
Last edited by RichSBV on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Rich:

I like the idea of a seperate Wanted section. You might also consider using the graflex.org forum's headings to further seperate out the for sale / want listings (so if I want something for a Graflex Reflex camera I look there, if I want a flash item, I look there, etc.)

Just my .02

-Mike
RichSBV
Site Admin

Post by RichSBV »

MikeS wrote:Rich:

I like the idea of a seperate Wanted section. You might also consider using the graflex.org forum's headings to further seperate out the for sale / want listings (so if I want something for a Graflex Reflex camera I look there, if I want a flash item, I look there, etc.)

Just my .02

-Mike
Thanks Mike. That's our first official "not me" post :lol:

I personally think a wanted forum is a good idea, but I'm not sure if we need more than one?

Since this is a new idea that may work or not, maybe we'll try one and see how it goes? If things work, we can expand.

The major difference between here and graflex.org is message life. Since this board is pretty much for classfieds and wanted's only, there's no reason to keep them any length of time. Right now all messages expire after 30 days. And that may change on how things go.

So for now, I'll create a 'wanted' forum and we'll see how it works out.

At worst, we'll get no people here, or far too many and I won't be able to afford the upkeep (storage space and bandwidth)... Let's hope for a middle ground :)

Thanks for the input!
alecj

Post by alecj »

Hey, guys - the word is separate. Hope the webmaster will clean all those titles up! :twisted:

Yes, I think a separate forum for that is appropriate.
RichSBV
Site Admin

Post by RichSBV »

alecj wrote:Hey, guys - the word is separate. Hope the webmaster will clean all those titles up! :twisted:

Yes, I think a separate forum for that is appropriate.
Well, how about telling the "webmaster" (Admin) exactly what you think should be cleaned up??

We're new and constructive criticism is always welcomed!
glennfromwy

Post by glennfromwy »

huh? It already only says "Graflex wanted". Am I mising something?
Glenn
alecj

Post by alecj »

Sorry to confuse you guys. Again, the word is SEPARATE. Everybody has been misspelling it. Nothing sinister!!!!
RichSBV
Site Admin

Post by RichSBV »

alecj wrote:Sorry to confuse you guys. Again, the word is SEPARATE. Everybody has been misspelling it. Nothing sinister!!!!
Ohhh, so you were just pointing out the fact that I can't spell :oops: , no one else noticed, and I didn't install the spell-checker option for the forum...

Well, someone's gotta keep us on our toes :lol: