Should we advertise this forum?

This forum is for suggestions about the Graflexchange, any problems you may have or addition help you might need...
RichSBV
Site Admin
My favorite camera: Century Universal

Should we advertise this forum?

Post by RichSBV »

The forum works and we have a few people. Things haven't exactly exploded here. So I'm wondering if we should do a little advertising to let people know the forum exists?

I suppose the largeformatphotography.info and photo.net would allow an announcment? Maybe Apug?

Or should we just let it ride and see who wanders in? :lol:
SatinSnow

That would be...

Post by SatinSnow »

a good idea, a website is only as good as the ads, it would be a good way to let people know about this new resource.

I have already placed a link on the Satin Snow website for ya, hopfully it will send some traffic your way.

Dave
RichSBV
Site Admin

Re: That would be...

Post by RichSBV »

Thanks Dave.
I just placed a message on both photo.net and the largeformatphotography.info sites. We'll see if they help or it just gets me banned from the sites :D
But if Steve Simmons can get away with it, why not us?? :lol:
SatinSnow

Hey Rich...

Post by SatinSnow »

I could add your site to my search site submission program that I use for our websites, does not cost anything and would do a submission every 45 days, seems to work pretty good for our stuff, we have gone for zero to over 1000 visits last month on the satin snow website.

Let me know and I will do it if you want.

Dave
RichSBV
Site Admin

Re: Hey Rich...

Post by RichSBV »

Hey, sounds good to me! :D

That's one of the 'minor' problems encountered so far with this software. There's no option for adding the standard headers to the web page for the search engines to pick up (they do robotting every few days). I have been thinking of either placing the forum into a web page which I could add standard headers to, or modifying the code to the forum so it generates the headers I want. I really have to look into the differences between html and php... Yeah, more reading...

So much to do and so little time ;-)

I don't know what we can expect out of this forum, but it should be fun finding out!
SatinSnow

Search Engines...

Post by SatinSnow »

The best way to do it, would be to make an entrance page, which you could put the key words and meta tags into, you could do it a couple of different ways, one would be to have your index page explain the system and the visitor would click a link or you could have the index page explain with a 1 minute refresh tag that would auto forward to the message system and then in your meta tags, just issue the tag to follow all links for the robots, most of the users will bookmark the message system, but the robots will always see the index lead in page.

Let me know if I can help.

Dave
glennfromwy

Post by glennfromwy »

There are lots of sites that allow you to post links. It doesn't cost anything and sounds like a good way to start getting the word out. Two sites that come to my feeble mind are the Ace Index and Ken Riley's (sp?) site, which already has links to graflex.org, etc.
Glenn